This Web Site, available at https://www.thefamily.co/ (hereinafter the” Web Site”) is published by :
The Family (Holdings) Ltd. (hereinafter “The Family”), with registered address 1 Frederick’s Place , EC2R 8AE London, United Kingdom
Registration number with the Companies House of England and Wales : 9366188
Publication director : Alice Zagury - firstname.lastname@example.org
Protection of Intellectual Property
The Web Site and each constituent element thereof and, in particular, the next articles, newsletters, press releases, presentations, brochures, illustrations, photographes, software programs, animation, etc. are The Family’s exclusive intellectual property with the exception of third-party trade marks which may be referenced.
The User is not authorized to reproduce, perform, modify, translate and/or adapt, whether in whole or in part, for consideration or free-of-charge, the Web Site or any constituent element thereof nor reproduce or perform such translations, adaptations and modifications, whether in whole or in part, for consideration or free-of-charge, without The Family’s prior written authorization.
The Web Site is available 7 days/week, 24 hours/day, subject to any interruptions required for any maintenance or updating The Family may deem useful.
Users are responsible for the use made of the information provided on this Web and The Family disclaims any and all liability for any direct or indirect damages resulting from the reliance made on such information.
Users are not authorized to create hypertext links to the Web Site and/or to any page whatsoever of the Web Site and/or file contained therein without The Family’s express prior consent.
As data controller, The Family is strongly committed to protecting your personal data (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Data" or "Data"), as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter referred to as "Regulations").
When appropriate, this Policy is supplemented by our General Terms and Conditions of Services, as well as by the required information provided in our Data Collection Forms.
Personal Data You Provide
If you wish to benefit from the Services offered by The Family on certain pages of the Website, The Family is required to collect, directly or indirectly, the following Data which are strictly necessary to use the Services:
“Apply now”: company’s name, information about the activity, the target and/or the project website, email, revenue information, country, introduction video, message.
“Attend Demo Day”: email, first name, last name, title, company, LinkedIn profile, AngelList profile, number of startup investments per year, average check size, preferences (stage, sector, geographies).
“The Family’s Newsletter”: email.
If such information is not provided, The Family will not be able to perform the Services you have requested. However, it is not required to provide Personal Data to visit and navigate the Website.
In addition, when consulting the Website, The Family may collect certain Data through cookies placed on your device. The terms and conditions of collection are provided in the provisions dedicated to Cookies.
Use and processing of your Data
Legal basis for the collection and processing of Data
In general, The Family processes your Personal Data only on the basis of the following legal purposes:
• Processing that is necessary to perform the Services offered on its Website;
• Processing that is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation;
• Processing that is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by The Family or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your own interests, freedoms and fundamental rights.
Purposes of Data Collection
The Personal Data we collect is necessary for the performance of the Services offered by The Family on the Website and, more precisely, to achieve the following goals and purposes:
• management of the company's communications;
• management of registrations for events organized by the company;
• management of applications
• processing of your requests via the Website
• improvement of the content and navigability of the Website.
Who Receives Your Data
The Data collected is intended for The Family only. The recipients of the Data are The Family employees/members authorized to process such Data due to the position they hold (persons in charge of communications, recruitment and Data Protection Officer).
The Personal Data collected may, however, be communicated to third parties contracted by The Family, for the performance of subcontracted services and/or services necessary for the performance of the Services (e.g. service providers in charge of The Family's external communications). Before any transfer of information, we verify whether the purpose of each request is compliant and guarantee the transfer of the information strictly necessary for the execution of the Services by the service provider.
To date, the identified service providers are:
• the Website’s webmaster;
• the host of the Website, Wix.com;
• Microsoft Clarity
• Google Analytics (if access was accepted when requesting consent to cookies)
As such, it is specified that these third parties will only have limited access to the Data necessary for the performance of their services and will be required to use them in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations.
The Family does not, under any circumstances, transfer, sell or lease the collected Data to third parties, whether it be for a fee or free of charge.
Furthermore, in cases where the law requires or authorizes it to do so, in particular because of a court decision or any other legal request or requirement, The Family may disclose such Data to third parties.
Transfer of your Data
The Website is hosted on servers located in the United States of America, Ireland, South Korea, Taiwan and Israel.
The Family stores Personal Data on secure servers located in the European Union.
In the case where the collected Data is transferred to companies located in the United States or in countries that do not provide an adequate level of protection, The Family commits to entering into agreements with the recipients concerned to ensure that the Personal Data transferred is adequately protected. In particular, these transfers may be governed by standard contractual clauses validated by the European Commission in accordance with the regulations in force.
The Family retains Personal Data for no longer than necessary for the performance of the Services and, more generally, for the aforementioned purposes for which it was collected, subject to The Family’s legal obligations to retain specific data or to the legal boundaries for archiving and anonymizing data.
The necessary retention period of Personal Data is defined according to the quantity, nature and sensitivity of the Data, the potential risk of damage in the event of fraudulent use or disclosure, the purpose assigned to processing the Data, and whether it is possible to achieve this purpose by other means, as well as the applicable legal requirements.
You will find below an informative list of the time limits for storing the Data. For more information on how long your Personal Data is kept for a specific purpose, please contact us at the following address: email@example.com.
Data Type: Data collected via the “Apply now” form and the “Attend Demo Day” form:
Retention period: 2 years starting from the date of the last contact with the candidate or attendee.
At the end of the retention period, The Family may archive the Personal Data necessary to exercise a right and to prove this right, within the applicable legal time limit at the end of which the Personal Data concerned are deleted.
Data Type: Data collected via the “The Family’s Newsletter” form:
Retention period: 3 years starting from the date of the last contact (date on which you unsubscribed from the newsletter)
Data Protection Officer
The Family has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO), whose contact details are given below in the "Contact" section at the end of these terms.
The Family has implemented necessary measures to protect the Personal Data. Your Data is handled electronically and/or manually and in any case, in such a way that its security, protection and confidentiality are ensured with regard to its level of sensitivity, via administrative, technical and physical measures to prevent loss, theft, use, disclosure or unauthorized modifications.
“Electronic” Data is stored on a very restricted and limited access network located within the European Union, whose servers are secure.
“Paper” Data is stored in The Family's secure premises or archived by an archiving service provider that complies with all the security and confidentiality guarantees necessary to protect Personal Data.
The DPO and The Family staff (members and employees) are subject to heightened security requirements and professional secrecy.
According to Articles 15 to 22 of the General Data Protection Regulations of 27 April 2016, relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such Data (2016/679) ("GDPR"), any data subject providing evidence of his/her identity has a right of access, rectification, opposition, portability of his/her personal data and to obtain restriction of processing as well as to decide of the fate of such data after death. These rights can be exercised by contacting The Family (Holdings) Ltd., 1 Frederick’s Place , EC2R 8AE London, United Kingdom, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone whose Personal Data has been collected by The Family has the possibility to contact email@example.com if the DPO of The Family has not answered the request within one month. Once the person has been informed that we received his/her request, this period may be extended to two months, depending on the complexity and the number of requests.
Similarly, if you no longer wish to receive communications from The Family or if you wish your Data to be deleted, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Third Party Websites
This Protection Policy may change, in particular due to legislative and regulatory changes. If so, the changes made will take effect on the date indicated at the top of this document. Visiting our Website after that date implies that you agree with the current changes.
• Data Protection Officer: email@example.com.
• Data Controller: The Family (Holdings) Ltd., 1 Frederick’s Place ,EC2R 8AE London, United Kingdom, or firstname.lastname@example.org
General provisions regarding cookies and the automated collection of your Personal Data.
While browsing the Website and in accordance with applicable legislation and your prior consent when required, The Family may collect information about your terminal or network from which you access the Website.
Description of the cookies we use and their storage periods
The different types of cookies include:
• Cookies that are technically necessary to ensure the proper functioning of the Website. These are essential for navigating the Website and cannot be disabled.
Both above-mentioned categories of cookies are session cookies which are not stored after your visit on the Website.
• Audience measurement cookies: they make it possible to know the volume and statistics related to visitors of the Website, the use and the performance of the Website, and enable certain functions and ergonomics (for example, usage volumes and usage of various features on our Website; the most frequently visited pages, search terms used, etc...). These cookies collect the following Data: IP addresses and location (city), connection data, types and versions of Internet browsers used, types and versions of plugins in your browser, operating systems and platforms, Data concerning your browsing experience on the Website, including your experience on the various pages of the Website, the content you view, the search terms used, the amount of time spent viewing pages, interactions with the page and any telephone number used to contact The Family.
The Family uses Microsoft Clarity, a statistical website analysis service.
Type of Cookie: Third-party
Life span: 12 months
Purpose : Statistics
The Family uses Google Analytics, a statistical website analysis service.
Type of Cookie: Third-party
Life span: 24 months
Purpose : Statistics
Consent to cookies
• In Internet Explorer: click on the "tool" menu, then on the "Internet options" pane, in the "general" tab, tick the box "delete browsing history when leaving the browser" and click on the "delete" button. Tick "temporary internet files" and "cookies and website data" and then "Delete".
• In Firefox: at the top of the browser window, click on the Firefox button, then go to the "Preferences" tab. Click on the "Privacy" tab. In the paragraph, "Cookies and site data", click on "Delete data...". Then tick the box "Cookies and site data" and then click on "Delete".
• In Safari: Activate the "Development" menu from Safari's Advanced Preferences. Then select in the "Development" tab: “Empty cache" or use the following keyboard command: "Command + Alt + E".
• In Chrome: Click on the menu pictogram at the top right of the browser (symbolized by three horizontal lines). Select "Settings". Click on "Show advanced settings". In the "Privacy and Security" section, click on "Clear Browsing Data". Then select the box: "Cookies and other site data" and click on "Delete data".
However, The Family would like to point out that such deactivation may prevent the use of certain features of the Website.